Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reporting on the Patient

I feel a little better. Although I don't have a chemical compulsion, in the past I have gotten the most relief from a year and a half of attending the daily am open AA mtg. Coffee, hugs, people who know you, a nice steadiness to that meeting despite all that transpires under that roof. I've attended twice this week and I'm going to keep it up. I'm still on the phone list with the word Alanon in the space for sobriety date.

So, what's good about today is that I'm more comfortable than I was yesterday and I get to get up tomorrow and do it again, as the higher power allows.

Peace, y'all.

4 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you are going to "keep it up"...HAPPY, really. Sobriety date: Alanon! NEAT-O!

    PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love giong to the open aa meetings in my area. I go with my husband but seriously the speaker meetings from aa I get so much out of.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I'm glad that you are doing well and that the open meetings are helpful. I also go to open meetings occasionally and have learned a lot from them.

    ReplyDelete