Wednesday, September 21, 2011

80% of the Work

It occurs to me as I was reading 'Letting Go' blog that so much of life's work is showing up. When I go to exercise, I have to go with the expectation that I will take my position, do my reps or my time on the elliptical and accomplish just that. If I go with the expectation that I'm 'getting somewhere', it will feel like an empty time, it will feel like failure, because I haven't gotten to any goals. I am in process.

I go to work, a process.

I go to church, a process.

Morning meeting, another process.

That's what's good about today.

3 comments:

  1. We are all in a process of life. Yep, Carol! I been 'showing up' for many years. Now trying to slow down the 'slowing-down' process. Been pretty sick now for 3 days, but cannot stop coming here, reading sensible, sometimes inspiring words, such as your posts.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the moment,
    follow the path!


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral


    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day is a process of something--certainly at the cellular level there is a lot of processing going on. But just interacting with others is a process and I hope to remember to practice the principles as I go about each day of the process of living.

    ReplyDelete