Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Active Living (or what can happen when I DON'T sit down with a glass of wine)

Things I did today

1) Received a brand new dryer into our home!! May she live long and prosper.

2) Took a plate of fruit, crax and cheese into a meeting at work today. Just to say eat, drink, chew.

3) Stopped by a crafter's home to pick up 8 prayer bracelets to gift my Ed. for Ministry group for XMAS

4) Worked up a glasses-fogging sweat cutting down forsythia shoots that are taller than I am. So, the world and I can see a stellar showing of New England Asters that were hidden and totally new to my garden. Some things grow better by neglect but not us humans.

5) Gave thanks numerous times today for God's tender mercies and gentle surprises.

4 comments:

  1. Love your title, Carol: "...when I DON'T sit down with a glass of wine..."

    A newly sober gent asked, "Now that I don't drink...what will I DO?"

    Answer: "Everything else!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. you blessed me today, Carol!


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral


    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAROL!!!!!!

    I am so glad to see you back and healthy and the beautiful spirit that you are ...

    Thanks for coming by the old blog...and yes--I plan to do Nano again this year. How about you? Now that you have internet back in the house...it should be very doable...

    It sounds like you've been on quite a journey, dear one. I'm thrilled to see you again...

    Love and kisses, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice about the asters. It must be a beautiful time in New England.

    ReplyDelete