Saturday, October 29, 2011

Nor'Easter Coming

We all get ready in our own way. It struck me this morning that even though I always go to the market on Saturdays, it will be filled with peeps buying up all things possible to get ready for the snow storm this weekend. Ugliness to be avoided!

Really, really, really, if power and roads are a no go, it is usually less than 8 hours before we are all back to normal. So, I got home from the morning meeting and took an inventory of my wares, channelled a little AKAnnie (ahoy, Elegant Blessings blog) and commenced baking/cooking etc. In my experience, I like to be power-less with floors vaccumed, clothing washed, my body shower-fresh and wood stacked next to the woodstove.

I've got an extra dog this weekend to keep me warm. He's a 13 year old named Andy and barks when he wants something, sort of like an alcoholic. He is a city boy, needs close supervision, that one. Picture an armadillo crossed with a grizzly bear cub and that's our boy.

Keeping city kids off the road, that's what's good about today.

1 comment:

  1. It was quite a storm! Glad that you had things ready.

    ReplyDelete