Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hmmm

I get so surprised sometimes. I was out with some friends last night and we must have gotten on the topic of new relationships. A friend was chiding me because that I made the statement that I would never enter a new one before I was out of an old relationship. She didn't think that I could possibly know that to be true, given the infinities of the future. I said I never have done life business that way and so I'm pretty sure that I can make that statement. She mentioned a mutual friend and went further to say that sometimes the messiness is part of the picture.

This morning I thought about it. I had told her that I wasn't judging anyone else just making the statement for myself. Thinking further on it, I realized how much I value being truthful and respectful of anyone I'm involved in, honoring the emotional let alone the formal contract that we might have.

Then I read today's post by my camera friend Daryl on her blog, on the m104, people are so surprising. Even when they are our friends or fellow bloggers. Humans all of us.

What's good about today is that I can notice differences without judgement. Just surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I have heard "never say never". I guess that never ever are God words. But I can relate to not judging others. What others do isn't my business.

    ReplyDelete