Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm Back Up!!

Didn't mean to miss a day but my USB thingie had been hanging on by a thread (knocked it off the bed which split off the plastic casing leaving it's naked little circuit board hanging on at a 90 degree angle) for months until it dropped off yesterday.

It was the non-perfect end to a non-perfect day for which I will take credit. Julia Cameron talks about being self-destructive in perfectly socially acceptable ways and I watched myself participate in that yesterday.

1) Over-worked, ignoring my fatigue, then

2) Full grocery shop list instead of just picking up milk, ignoring my good ideas, then

3) Evening get-ready-for-college workshop that my son would not attend, ignoring the inner voice that asked me why am I going if he isn't.

This is treating myself in a self-destructive manner. Yes, I got a lot accomplished but at a cost to my peace and sanity that was not worth it at all.

What's good about today is that I learned from yesterday. I did not accept unacceptable behavior from myself.

5 comments:

  1. Not accepting unacceptable behavior from yourself. Sounds like a plan. :)

    Glad you're Back Up!!

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are wising up to yourself and usb thingies!

    Aloha, Friend!

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh C., I have SO many "yesterdays" from which I've learned. And it ain't always easy, but it IS always doable. With God doing the DOING, how can I LOSE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we can't learn from the past we are destined to repeat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your list. When all else fails, I try what works. You never know--some of those "good" ideas may lead somewhere. Visit me sometime--Kathy kathyberman.com

    ReplyDelete