Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hope

At the morning meeting today I was able to say that what's good about today is program, I gave them my neighbor's story of loss and said that with the help of program there is hope, without program-not so much.

It occurs to me that any when a minority does not receive equal opportunities we are cheated out of knowing them and civilization limps along with the benefit. When addiction takes someone out, it is the same. If the figures of 1 out of 10 are correct then we lose all the help of those parents, those good hearts, those people who could have helped build our future while instead they are sedated, jailed or dead.

I love the people at my meeting. They, like me, have been brought to their knees. We are kin of the same higher power. If I didn't know them, I would not know people in recovery, I would not believe in transformation.

And that it is earned and kept a day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I am all about hope and belief.
    Lovely post for this friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to see that others have been transformed through recovery to be different than they were before. I know that the 12 steps work!

    ReplyDelete