Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Memoriam to Lost Addicts

I think that the afflicted and the affected should have a special Memorial Day to honor the losses of those cut down before their prime. That is something so sad, similar to the deaths of children and those who serve their country, that people die before experiencing the gifts of life through it's cycles.

Once you can separate the person from the disease it is easier to love the person for who they were, their intrinsic self, as distinctive as a fingerprint. The neighbor put up a For Sale sign on their house today, they have lived there seven years plus one death. My bet is that they want to go back to PA to take care of their fatherless grandchildren and daughter-in-law.

I don't know, I never did understand them, I have to remember that I'm not qualified to judge, that's what's good about today.

2 comments:

  1. Possibly I could translate "Gratitude Month" (November) as "Memorial Month" for those addicts gone before us. When we all get together during that month, I DO remember, at least those I knew who did not stay sober--and died.

    To remember all those at some point sounds like a great idea! Thanks, Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we just need to pray for the sick and suffering every day.

    ReplyDelete