Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Pull of 'MORE'

What keeps me coming to AA meetings is that I hear people wanting what I want. We all want MORE. Unless I realize it, unless I catch myself in that unending projecting state of mind, I will manufacture continual desire for something MORE.

I can wish for MORE material things, friendships, deeper experiences with my higher power, there is nothing that I can't be greedy about. I have a better chance becoming aware of that if I am at a meeting. Alone, my sick mind can't fix my sick mind. I need all your sick minds to help.

We are enough, we have enough. That's what's good about today

3 comments:

  1. I agree, "my sick mind can't fix my sick mind". I tried for so long, glad I am going to meetings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I don't want more material things but I want more spiritual things. I do need my sponsor and meditation and meetings for that.

    ReplyDelete