Thursday, September 23, 2010

If I Knew the Way, I would Take You There

Words by Robt Hunter, music by Jerry Garcia (last line of the song, Ripple)

One of the old timers at the meeting and I were talking afterwards last week and he was joyfully commenting that it felt like people were talking about coming home. There was much gratitude and peace, I do feel on the fringe because I'm not chemically dependent, trying to stay sober. I'm just a hurtin' person, going with what works, trying to find my way home.

If I knew the way, I would take you there . . .

3 comments:

  1. you do

    and you are

    "Don;t assume you will recognize your own enlightenment." Dogen


    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma'am, you are certainly NOT 'on the fringe'. From what I've seen, you have Sooo much to offer any and every Peep who makes their way here. PLEASE keep up the good work, don't hold back on your sharing.

    Hopefully, most who are sober for a while are no longer chemically dependent--UNLESS they have drink #1. Otherwise, we are all--like you--finding our way home...even though seemingly sometimes by a route circuitous (one of three routes?!--grin!).

    PEACE! Winter will be here--there--soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that each of us looks for that comfortable feeling that is like being home. I used to feel so alone but thankfully today know that I an not.

    ReplyDelete