Saturday, September 11, 2010

Things I Didn't Get to Say This Morning

1) Both/All fellowships, AA, Alanon etc. Our common culprit is addiction, we are the affected and the afflicted and sometimes both. Let's not fight with each other, that is the disease winning.

2) On the Writer's Almanac (NPR) this morning, I heard about O.Henry, I'm not sure whether today is his birthday or the anniversary of his death. He died at age 47 of alcoholism, cirrhosis of the liver. Just think how much we miss because addiction takes people before their time. Children miss their fathers, the world is cheated of their music, art and literature. We've have missed a few Bill Gates in the mass of people who have died an untimely death related to alcohol use. What a different world if we had the use of everyone's talents.

3) Oops, can't remember. Got too wrapped up in #2.

What's good about today is that I get another day to play in my life. I will try to finish more projects than I start ;>)

1 comment:

  1. How true. And so many talented people are tormented by addiction.

    ReplyDelete