Wednesday, December 16, 2009

An Opportunity

Came to the library to blog and give my mother a trip out into the world. Thank you for your support, I do have program friends to call upon and I was at an Alanon mtg last night, an open AA mtg this am. The rubber hits the road when I return to work on Friday.

It's a rich time. There are a lot of potential co-da type questions that come up, overall I'm pleased to know that I am upbeat and available to her. I have to have some time away from her as well and am experimenting with that eg. getting out to meetings etc. She is often unhappy and at loose ends. Thankfully, she has befriended the dog. Typically, she does not like dogs or babies or other cuddlies but she can't resist those big soft cocker spaniel eyes. Pet therapy rules.

It's also an interesting proposition to have your parent dependent on you. It's not always great for her but I cannot fix her or make her happy and she was not able to do the same for me. It's a time of healing at this darkest time of the year. That's what's good about today.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, it sounds really good that things are working out. Glad that she has befriended the dog. Dogs teach us lots of valuable lessons about compassion, caring and responsibility.

    ReplyDelete