Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Put Down the Gun

Thank you for your support! I stopped by the library to check on the Nano situation and read about what you are doing. I really missed my blogging and although it feels weird writing in a library and I'm pretty emptied out of words I'll just make one point.

It was during my last day or two of writing that it came to me that when I judge someone I usually enjoy, yes, enjoy the fact that it elevates me and knocks them down a notch. I thought about it in context of an upcoming trip to see my sister and dreading it. But not because I'm fretting about her, I'm worried that I will be rude because I judge the heck out of her.

Now my point is that when I use my words against someone it is like drawing a gun on someone to 'bring them down'. Personally, I'm a sissy, had a chance to fire a gun once and declined. So, I have found it effective, in that never-ending job of watching my mouth, to remind myself to put down my weapon.

What's good about today is that gifts come out of strange places.

1 comment:

  1. Very true that words can indeed wound. And they can do irreparable damage. I have learned not to judge others. We all have our character defects. My choice is to have compassion and empathy for others. I like that better.

    ReplyDelete