Thursday, September 3, 2009

Low Self Esteem Patterns

Codependents:

have difficulty making decisions,

judge their thoughts, words and actions harshly, as never being good enough,

are embarrassed to receive recognition, praise or gifts,

are unable to ask others to meet their needs or wants,

value other people's approval of their thoughts, feelings and behaviors over self-approval.

Also taken from the CoDA big book, page 4.

This list is a pretty good match for me. More to come. That's what is good about today.

4 comments:

  1. Recovery begins with awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I identify once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me how far I'v come!
    Aloha my friend on the path....

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't identify with the list the other day but this one is right on....so does what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete