Thursday, January 7, 2010

This and That

Book Recommendation, just finished The Spiral Staircase, My Climb out of Darkness by Karen Armstrong. It's her story of her spiritual journey, beginning of her departure in 1969 from a Catholic convent when she was in her mid 20's and evolving into a writing and television career, she has written on Islam and Buddha, her work has translated into 40 different languages.

I need to really hit my transcription process this weekend. My plate has been full. Last night took Mom shopping for mattress. Tonight worked with son putting together TV stand but did get on treadmill for 20minutes and out to store to run yet more errands. Got home and noticed empty beer bottle by sink. Was it the 17 year old or the 88 year old?

I find it hard to be 'nice' to my mom because I haven't had much practice. It's time to practice.

1 comment:

  1. I was fascinated by Karen Armstrong's Spiral Staircase, especially the notion that faith is not about thinking through opinions but about doing, the practice coming first and the intellectual assent following.

    Mary LA

    ReplyDelete