Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day

1) I am rested and more nearly my best self.
2) I was midway throught the movie, Earth, when I realized why it opened today. I liked it but the predator scenes made me very nervous. If it makes you nervous too, I will tell you that there is no blood. I don't think that I was ever abused but I freak when I feel cornered or surrounded. Tolle would call it 'the pain body' effect. If you go to see the movie, make sure that you stay for the credits.
3) It makes me laugh to think that we know what things should be called. I just clicked on the astronomy picture on my blog and it names some of the constellations. As if an animal mind would see it that way. Or if the 'almighty presence' perceives it that way. But we humans study things and name them and study them some more and thus it is so. I read that maybe amoebas have the only real experience of things because they don't make stories up about it. Maybe I'm still affected by the movie and watching the intricate lives of animals and smile at the presumption that we know what makes them tick.
4) I need to embrace 'moral superiority' as a defect of mine.
5) At least I'm smiling!

1 comment:

  1. "I was midway throught the movie, Earth, when I realized why it opened today"

    LOL..that sounds completely like me! xo

    ReplyDelete