Monday, August 17, 2009

Anxiety

These last couple weeks I'm noticing how much anxiety I have. Maybe that's one reason I gravitate to alcoholics, I resonate with the anxiety. I notice how much I seek relief. Granted, it is with things that only hurt myself, food, reading etc. It's Cadillac problems, I know, but I can hardly believe how much anxiety/fear I have.

On the surface I don't come across that way but it's just my defence to act as if I'm calm. You guys probably sense my anxiety, I would think, in the way that I over-process stuff.

Well, I've said it out loud, I've asked God (Go-Out-Doors?) to help me. Signing out . . .

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the great out doors (also G.O. D) and hang in there.

    I too apprecaite the cmpany of alcoholics, I much prefer the open aa meeting to my weekly alanon meetings because the people are just happy, mostly anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I understand. Alkies aren't the only people who suffer from anxiety. Personally, I take a prescription from my head doctor and it works.
    Also, I don't know why reading would hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...it's the truth--it wasn't always so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anxiety seems to be the modern worlds adrenaline, I certainly feel anxious at times for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holosync meditation cds helped me (after completing the 1st nine steps with sponsor) and Byron Katie's 'The Work' helped as well..

    good luck to you along your path

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments. Monday was not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what the Big Book says: "We pause when agitated". If I pause and inventory, then my anxiety lessens a lot.

    ReplyDelete