Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo

Where did you go? What did you do? My cinco de mayo was spent with mi hijo (my son) renting a tux for junior prom AND forcing him to attend a college night with me for juniors at his school. Whoo hoo! He thinks that he knows everything. I think that I know nothing. We are both wrong.

The thought of spending lots of money makes me extremely tense and ugly feeling. Between the prom costs, the car repair and upcoming college costs (for someone who knows everything) I heard the sound of fingernails on chalkboard in my head all day, today.

Ah, well. Either God is everything or God is nothing. God is everywhere or God is nowhere. I choose to believe that God is everywhere. We came home from the 'college night' and I felt relieved at knowing more about the process. It crossed my mind that no college will take him and that I would never have to pay tuition but then the thought crossed my mind that this could be fun (honestly, I am not on drugs) and am reminded that I look for disaster behind every door. I may enjoy this. He is my only child and I can be proud of his aspirations, the world of abundance exists for him as it does for me and we all help each other along, I do not need to stagger under the weight of the world. Let go of it, Carol.

What is good about today is my commentors, I appreciate hearing your encouragement and empathy. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. what's amazing about the college search process is that you get a real life lesson in letting go...helping your child (read baby) make this life decision but ultimately understanding that it is his to make...(or not make, yikes what will happen, the sky might fall!)

    and the money...its all monopoly money at this point in my mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good idea to let go. I had a May 5 that was filled with work and then home to relax. I'm still tired from my trip.
    I hope that your son will get into college or a technical school. It will have to be his decision though, won't it?

    ReplyDelete