Wednesday, July 15, 2009

2 Things

1) I was thrilled to hear more details today from a member of one of my groups. She has been working on a book for the last year and it is being published, I am so pleased for her. She has had some disappointments during the year and I'm proud that she has continued to work on her dreams so that they will come true. I've never sat beside anyone who wrote a book. We just grow and grow.

2) Yesterday's page in Language of Letting Go deals with feeling unlovable. That goes to the core for me. But I (always =) ) have a quarrel with Ms Beatty on at least one point. This time it's that she states by attaining the belief that we are lovable, it will improve our most important relationship, the one we have with our self. I think that is a lot of story telling in service of ego.

What I would say is that feeling lovable improves my most important relationship which is the one I have with my God. Because if I think I'm unlovable I have placed myself in the judge's seat, made myself very large and have rendered sovereign opinion instead of listening to my higher power's message which is that I am who I am in the place I need to be and am perfectly imperfect, no more, no less.

By believing myself to be unlovable I close my heart and mind to others who carry God's will and word. Those closed doors become shame filled and become a barrier between myself and my higher power. And that is no end of trouble.

What's good about today is that I realize that my voraciously hungry ego can keep me busy and separate from my God only if I let it run wild. Like my dog, my ego also can learn the commands of Sit, Stay and Leave It!

4 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts. I'm not sure what a room filled with people who all actually feel lovable at the same time would be like. But a room filled with people who sense God's love for them no matter what they've done or how they feel is so humbling. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the comparison to your commands for your dog! Have a wonderful day Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the motto.. : EGO... which stands for Edging God Out.

    ReplyDelete