Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Swimming in Grace

The richness of life. If I wasn't in program I would never be reminded of it, I would never hear (or read!) anyone talk about it. I would never really know that most of us have some of the same problems and that I've been spared some of them through the grace of God. I would never know the faith that others have and have grown to experience it as my own. Would never have believed it was possible to have a spiritual fellowship that runs on people power, higher power and service.

Without program I would think that people's outsides are their insides, that my best thinking is very good and that self-will can get me whatever I need.

What's good about today is I have a fresh chance every moment of my life.

9 comments:

  1. I really like what you said about how without a program, you would think that peoples' outsides were their insides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this magical and powerful and uterly genuine gem with us today, Carol.

    Aloha, Sister

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Would never have believed it was possible to have a spiritual fellowship that runs on people power, higher power and service."

    PLUS, look! My computer is named "Highr Power IV". We've only a keyboard, monitor, and a box of little bitty parts to share all we have with others who do the same. We don't even SEE one another! What has god wrought????

    ReplyDelete
  4. This resonates with me. Being on a program helps me stay in the moment and focus on myself. It is easier to let others go their own way and live their own life. I would not go back to how things were for anything.

    This is how life is meant to be lived.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. People power, higher power and service.

    I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know we actually can get a do-over in this life isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. I agree. And for me - to take it a step further - without program I WOULD BE DEAD.

    Thank God I found recovery and people just like you.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like so much what you said about what would happen without the program. How true. I am so glad to be part of a group who is trying to live life to the fullest in peace and harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone!

    To Steve, it is amazing how some pieces of metal bring us together, it's a small jump of trust to believe that absolutely anything is possible.

    To Ginny, a do over is exactly what I feel like I got. Who would think that I would be handed a new pair of glasses in my 40's and 50's that would allow me to see everything differently?

    ReplyDelete