Saturday, July 4, 2009

Freedom From Bondage

The other memory from last 4th of July was the International Alanon Convention in Pittsburgh, held every 5 years. I never saw an explicit explanation for why Independence Day was the date but I love to conjecture! (The fact that the downtown was virtually empty on a holiday wknd, probably with rock bottom hotel rates might just be a happy happen stance)

I like to think that it is all about freedom from my self imposed limits. Some of those limits I've tried to blame on others and some I know in retrospect that I egoistically reached for, straining myself, imagining the reflected glory.

Today, on this Independence Day, I want to stay out of the story that my ego cooks up to keep me busy. And I'll stay in the glory of knowing that there is a higher power.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm old enough now to just relax on a holiday like this, unless someone else does all the work,and all I have to do is play a violin or dance, or take a nwp--I'll take door number THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, glad that you have a healer in the house for those violin playing hands of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local grocer, Publix, has the easiest bbq chicken ever....just pay, take home, and eat. The holiday meal was complete with a heat up container of their delicious baked beans.

    I chose not to feel sorry that I didn't spend the evening in a more festive way as in the past with a young one and friends to go to the fireworks at the beach. Instead I enjoyed church, a trip to Starbucks, and a quick and wonderful meal.

    Happy 4th,
    PG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simplicity serves me better than just about anything.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete