Saturday, July 25, 2009

More On Self-Acceptance

This means that

+my relationship with family will likely continue in the way it always has (I do not have to 'try harder', I been doin that!)

+I am single and will likely continue that way, I don't have to obscess on it unless I enjoy spending my time doing that-NOT

+my eating and exercise habits are middle of the road, have been for decades, any efforts to change/control are useless self-flagellation, I was not blessed with persistence (one factor saving me from addictions)

In other words, I can accept that life will progress along much in the same fashion that it has for decades. Embedded in that life are many joys and pleasures which will continue as well. Most of all, I can keep my thoughts in the day and not set up ego-gratification goals that don't reflect my reality.

So, what's good about today is loving myself as a creature of God.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh. You are 'talking' to ME!

    And I needed to 'hear' you, yesterday, and today
    --Peace....and Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I do not know you, so forgive me for speaking this over your life. I do not believe for one second that the past decades are a predictor of future decades. I bet your family relationships change, your marital status will change, and your eating and exercise habits will change. Mathematically speaking, odds are that things will change. I pray that you will be blessed in more ways than you ever dreamed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving yourself as a creature of God is a totally wonderful way to begin, live, and end each day.

    PG

    ReplyDelete