Friday, July 17, 2009

My Goodness!

Still shaking my head after hanging up the phone. I caught on that my mother has the mistaken idea that I was never coming to see her again. We're both glad that we talked about it because in fact I will probably fly out in early December. She thought that it 'was just too much trouble for me and that I had decided not to do it anymore'.

Punitive abandonment. Like a child that is left behind. I'm without words.

Sometimes all you can do is try to put things right.

And that is only one of the good things about today.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh.. It is good that she was able to communicated her 'fears' to you. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanting to hear of some of the others...the one you describe is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a blessing when a woman and her mother can "put things right" in a healthy way.

    Before my mother passed on, I had "it right" with her in a way that honored her and me.

    PG

    ReplyDelete