Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Glass Half Full

Chaired the meeting tonight, went with the topic of forgiveness and blame. Several people strongly connected with it, someone read a beautiful page.

No strong feelings for me today or yesterday. Program tells me that if I feel 75% okay, I can be grateful that it's not a 30% okay day. Could be I'm just tired from my weekend of good living.

Any Raymond Carver fans out there? He was a writer, struggled with alcohol and died young of lung cancer. He wrote this last poem, Late Fragment, the afternoon before he died.

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.

I'm so glad that he felt that way. What's good about today is feeling 'a part of'.

4 comments:

  1. I love this ppost and poem, madam chair!!
    aloha my friend ;-)

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  2. To feel as Carver felt, that he was called "beloved."

    Yes, to "be a part of" beats being "apart from."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he felt that way in the end too. I hope I will when it is my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My glass is moving from being half full to overflowing.

    Beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing it.

    Prayer Girl

    ReplyDelete