Saturday, June 6, 2009

Free Advice

Never eat a large Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate candy bar for supper. Generally, I eat a healthy diet but on Friday nights I color outside of the lines. So although I ate a lot of healthy stuff yesterday, the entree was the whole zillion ounce bar.

It took me awhile to put it together . . . came home from work feeling like a limp dishcloth . . . 8pm and I'm feeling pretty damned good . . . 10pm my friend calls apologizing for the lateness, I tell her no problem, I feel better than I have all day . . . 2:30am and it's not fun anymore . . . 3:30 and I decide that I better set the alarm because I will not be doing my usual early risin' thing on my own.

Mega Caffeine Jolt is what I'm thinking, maybe it's a continual release since it was in food form, slowly metabolizing. But I DID make it to my morning meeting though I did not have much to say today!

Anyway, it's the end of a jumbled up, emotional kind of week. Feel a little separated from my higher power but it will come back to me, I know what to do. Today's page in Courage to Change reminds us that 'the Third Step places my will and my life in the care of a Higher Power. . . I think of this care as a source of love and support that surrounds me in my daily life. I do not need to earn it or to work for it; I need only be receptive to it. I continue to have a will to exercise and a life to live, but I do so bathed in a light of love and understanding.'

That's what's good about today.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my place today. What you wrote about not needing to earn grace or even work for it is right on. It is given to us as being part of the divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for thanking me! You commented on the part that touched me the most, that I don't have to earn it, to make myself worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! HERSHEY BARS are my favorite food in the whole world, by FAR. I have to keep from them, though. Just like booze, one bite, and I'll eat the whole case. Yes, when I'm in 'Hershey mode', I buy them by the case, then hide them. Right. I don't want ANYbody getting into my stash of hash-grin!

    On that other topic. I have not earned ANY of the Gifts god has given me. These are out of His Benevolence, His Goodness. Nothing comes to me because of my power, only from God--to equip me to contnue to do his work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is a gift from the gods.. and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Third Step prayer is such a beautiful prayer. And the third step means 'faith' to me. Faith in my higher power that all will happen in His time.

    ReplyDelete