Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Thanks

Thanks to my commentors on the last post for the empathy that you gave me. I was anxious about my post and you helped me feel better about it all.

Today was great which seems like a miracle to me. But as I write this I realize that I shared my issue with other people and I prayed about it so maybe it's not too surprising that my brain healed overnight! Thank goodness that we humans were programmed to sleep for several hours before we start another day. Even when I sleep lousy I am always in a different place from the day before. That old piece of advice 'sleep on it' has made it through the ages for good reason.

Other things that I'm thankful for include not abusing anyone at work (no amends to be made!), a fabulous sale at Talbots, a sweet note from my son outlining his plans (thank you Alanon for teaching me not to nag) and signed with love, a call from a friend keeping me in the social loop.

What's good about today is staying in the moment, for good or bad, this too shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. I'm grateful when I don't have any amends to make at work. Or at least when I recognize them, and make amends on the spot. It wasn't all that long ago (for me) when I would take a hard line and wait for THEM to apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent gratitude post. (this too shall pass helps me a lot too)BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day. I needed sleep today too. Was dead tired I guess.

    ReplyDelete